Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Titmouse Family Outing

Tufted Titmouses are such cool, gregarious little creatures. These birds are quite common in our yard, but I don't often get to see them up close. So when a family of five titmouses decided to forage in the Red Cedar tree right outside my window this afternoon, I was more than happy to grab the opportunity to hang out with them!


These birds were apparently finding lots of delicious things to eat, although I'm not entirely sure what:
 

Mmm, insects maybe?
 

There was a lot of chattering as the birds hopped around -- they were clearly communicating with each other, and I wish I knew what they were saying!
 

They would fly up to our gutter for a quick bath (splashing droplets of water everywhere), and then back to the tree again for more foraging. My goodness, but these birds are just too cute!
 

With those crests, and big shining eyes... and are you smiling for the camera, little bird?


Feel free to stop by any time, friends -- I'm glad our tree makes you happy!
 

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm too far north for titmice here and I really miss them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry about your lack of titmouses. (Titmice? I can't decide which sounds better.) I'm glad I could share mine with you, anyway!

      Delete
  2. Oh oh oh, just TOO adorable! Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! I love these little birds. :P

      Delete