Monday, January 16, 2012

Jumping Spider, Close Up

There was a cute little Jumping Spider prowling around our bathroom today, and so I grabbed the opportunity to take the new macro lens I got for Christmas out for a spin. Say cheese!


I honestly think Jumping Spiders are fantastic, and I've often found that the closer I look at one, the prettier they are. This one had the most awesome greenish/reddish stripes that just registered as boring brown from far away:


It's nice to know that even though it's freezing outside, there are always fun creatures hanging around somewhere. Just don't tell Paul there's a spider living in the bathroom. :D

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've said this before, but your photos are consistently incredible, and I don't believe I've ever seen a spider so cute before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love jumping spiders, they are so cute! Thanks for the great photo. You'll have lots of fun with that macro lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nathaniel! Yay, I'm glad some people agree with me that spiders can be cute. :P

    Jackie: I'm already dreaming of taking the lens out into the garden to look for bugs in the spring. It's so amazing to be able to see these tiny creatures so close up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I killed one today outside my door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i thought it was poisonous.

    ReplyDelete